HandCash will be using Tokenized for its Fungible Token Platform
We are adding the ability for users and developers to use alternative assets to BSV thanks to our latest development: the Fungible Token Platform.
HandCash is all about streaming money across apps, games and websites at lightning speeds with many people and companies involved on every payment. That’s what makes us unique, so our choice for a tokenization protocol had to allow us to keep our selling point intact.
Starting with USDC, users and companies will be able to handle the trusted stablecoin issued by Circle on their apps and games, offering the “it’s just money” experience as opposed to using cryptocurrencies. And best of all, we expect the system to deliver the same performance and speed as with native BSV tokens — after all, these are still native BSV transactions.
Our team is going to measure demand in order to offer extra currencies on top of this platform, such as BTC, DOGE, EUROC… Working with Tokenized allows us to add extra currencies at a negligible cost, thanks to its robust and feature rich platform and set of APIs.
After thoughtful consideration, we ended up choosing Tokenized over all other offerings on BSV for the following reasons:
- Interoperability. Tokenized’s open source protocol enables self-hosted wallets to easily integrate with our Fungible Token Platform to deliver world-class payments. Fungible tokens have infinite use cases so it was important for us to allow for unbounded innovation: Anyone can interact with Tokenized’s smart contract agent with a private key from their computer, without permission from HandCash or Tokenized.
- They provide us with a platform, not a protocol. This means they have already built a lot of infrastructure that we would have had to build by ourselves if we simply picked a protocol. Time to market is essential.
- Standardized, lightweight and fully-fledged token issuance. Their platform makes this process very easy and regulatory friendly for every single asset we wish to add. This is very important for traceability and auditing.
- Performance and scalability. Their process of tokenizing transactions fits naturally with our current robust and scalable architecture for regular BSV payments without much modifications. All of the heavy lifting is done on a cloud based smart contract agent that is horizontally scalable.
- Smart contracts friendly. We can easily do atomic swaps, escrows, payment channels and all kinds of complex payments.
- The Tokenized team has thought through and already solved situations we would have had found along the road if we decided to do everything for ourselves.
- And all the people behind it are A+ Players.
Nanopayments go mainstream!
Being able to use different currencies on top of our lightning fast infrastructure is one of the last pieces missing for nanopayments to become the default way for monetizing digital products.